To become an Approved provider for the Experienced Workers Route (EWR) the business seeking to offer the service will need to comply with the “Eligibility Criteria” found here.
MCS is currently seeking to offer a “Pilot” programme of this new opportunity and is seeking “Expressions of Interest” from potential providers who may be interested in offering this service.
Potential providers should be able to demonstrate that they operate within an established quality controlled management system, with an ability to prepare a robust assessment plan, having access to technically competent people and appropriate facilities as required for the scope of work for which they are applying.
- There is an assessment and approval process for businesses to become an Experienced Workers Route Provider.
- You must operate a fully documented quality management system that details in sufficient detail your business operations. With all appropriate internal and (where applicable) external audits are established.
- There shall be no direct conflicts of interest within your operations to affect your existing activities or undermine the proposed quality assured process of the EWR.
- You will be able to demonstrate that you work with suitable competent Assessors, Internal verifiers and (where applicable) conduct regular quality control of their activities.
- Each person involved within the process shall be suitably technically competent for the activities undertaken.
- Each provider shall offer a fair and transparent pricing policy that can be published prior to the delivery of the programme, the Pilot phase has been designed to be a self-funding programme with input and support from the scheme administrators.
- You will have access to premises suitable for any learners to visit where required within any assessment plan.
- Your assessor(s) will need to be able to visit the learner’s workplace to do an assessment on his/her work and gather evidence and follow a criteria provided by the scheme to determine whether the learner is competent or not.
- You will actively support the development of the programme and generate sufficient reports to enable an evaluation of the success of the programme to be determined post Pilot Stage.
- You will work closely with the scheme to deliver the pilot phase in accordance with the requirements of the scheme and eligibility criteria.
If you would like to become an Experienced Workers Route provider then please complete the Expression of Interest form found here.
Please provide as much information as possible to ensure the expression of interest is processed swiftly.
An EWR representative will call you to discuss the approval process and any further evidence needed for the application.